Thursday, September 25, 2014

What Toby Doesn't Know....

he definitely WON'T like when he finds out.

We have an appt at 2:15 today at the Stabby Place. This morning I woke up to find a large puddle of dark orange urine caught in the litter box liner. I called the vet and of course they want to see him.

I always waffle on things like this. Is it too soon? Will it pass? Is it really anything? They hate going so much - as does almost every other feline in the universe - but of course I can't let them suffer either.

Also, I'm assuming the problem child here is Toby, but honestly, I have always felt he is more fragile than Leia, although he's so much bigger. Given the size of that puddle though, I think it's a safe bet.

Maybe it's just a perception problem. Toby adopted me when he was about 3 weeks old, so I can't really shake the image of him as nothing more than a few ounces of orange fuzz. On the other paw, it usually IS him with the health problem. I've always thought that being separated from his birth mom at such a young age robbed him of those very important early days health protections. (he was a stray, found in a car engine on a cold day all those years ago).

The other bit of evidence is that I'm dealing with a spot on the carpet where someone had an accident.

So please keep us in your thoughts today. Thanks!


PS: thank Ceiling Cat for vets willing to hold a check till payday!

4 comments:

  1. You sounds exactly like our Mommy waffling!
    We are sending lots of purrs for Toby. Keeping our paws crossed that it is nothing.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending purrs to Toby! Sparkle was the only one here with real vet issues (and of course she was the one who had to go the most). Binga and Boodie aren't in love with going but they are not a whole lot of trouble, either. Me? I'm cool with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending purrs for Toby that the vet soon gets him sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending healing purrs to Toby and a big hug to you!

    ReplyDelete