Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Toby and His Monsters!

FINALLY I get to tell everyone what happened! Mom made me wait. Meanie.


So, while we were waiting for the power to come back, Mom had to do something that gave her the heebies - leave the sliding glass doors open pretty much all day and night. And then one night -
THERE WERE MONSTERS on the bedroom patio!

Seriously! **Huge, 10 feet tall, glowing green eyes and dripping fangs!
I HISSED a warning to those things and and and.... it did no good at all.

They were also meanies.

And THEN, same night, ***ANOTHER monster popped up!
Not quite as big but almost as mean and scary and awful.
All of them were eating the leftover food Mom leaves out for the kitteh that comes around.
(She swears no more left over food at night. She doesn't want to feed the other things that come around).

**Raccoons. A family of three, VERY fat ones too.

***Possum. Also quite stout. And not at all bothered by any of us inside. Consumed quite a leisurely meal, at his own pace.

Toby did hiss but he really didn't know what they were so it wasn't as aggressive as if it had been a kitteh out there. He really didn't know what to do.



PS: having trouble commenting, I'm getting endless pages of captchas. Hopefully that will stop soon. We are visiting everyone.

17 comments:

  1. OMC! Those are some scary monsters. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH! Those monsters sound crazy scary, Toby! Good job hissing at them, you brave mancat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monsters! Yeah, keep those guys away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, such scary monsters! You were good to hiss at them to try and scare them away, Toby.
    If you get captchas on blogger blogs you can ignore them because you have a blogger account.
    The annoying thing I am getting lately on Wordpress blogs is having to fill my details in every time. They used to be auto filled but not any more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was HORRIBLE for your mommy and for you. I had that experience one time in the middle of the night when they were on our deck separated only by a pane of glass from me. I screamed my Katie head off and mom made it straight in there, Went even farther downhill from there,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noooooooooooooooooooooooo not those bandits of the night. They are just plain scary. do you need me to wrangle some help
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, those are scary monsters! You are very brave to hiss at them, Toby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just double checked, I don't have Captcha on my comments, but please let me know if you have any problems! I take in every bit of food at night...even empty food bowls...because the raccoons show up if they smell one piece of kibble! Then they wash their hands in The PO'M's water bowl, which is just rude. Opossums aren't dangerous to cats, but those raccoons surely are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is quite rude! Happens here too. The possum was funny: he completely ignored me to enjoy his meal. I think he was practicing " I do not acknowledge you, and you do not see me". The raccoons are cute but they make me nervous.

      Delete
  9. How exciting!!!!! Good thing you were there to protect your house!!!
    Yours sincerely,
    Margaret Thatcher
    PS: We allegedly have the captcha thingie turned off, but who really knows?

    ReplyDelete
  10. now that IS "skerry!!!" My Mom would have been TERRIFIED!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. dood....we wood knot like leevin de doorz open either......faaaaaaaa...next thing ya noe a bass terd turkee wood bee in yur houz.....

    we iz sorre de monsturrz haz dee sided ta uze yur place aza cafe N we iz sorree de kittehz canna get ta N joy sum nomz

    two much diz place mint frum de storm :( ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. How brave of you to hiss at the wild things. XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooo, those scary and very hungry monsters visit us sometimes too! You were very brave!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Toby, we are so glad you guys are all okay, but we know it was an ordeal. We were looking forward to hearing about your monsters. Good job protecting your home!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How terrifying!!! I don't know what I would've done if I'd seen those horrible monsters! ~Bear Cat

    ReplyDelete