Saturday, July 4, 2020

Vina Gets Out, and Brekke Makes a Furriend


Happy 4th! For sure an odd one this year.

First up - Miss Sylvina got out into the backyard. By herself. I passed by the laundry room, noticed the door was open - which it never is - and investigated. There she was, sitting calmly in the grass, just looking at me. I called to her mom, and we got her back inside with no trouble. I was afaid she'd take off but she was ok with coming back in. Most likely Brekke got the door opened, and the cat decided to enjoy a late July afternoon.

Later, I explained that she is a Princess, and must never go out alone, without her bodyguard and attendants. It's simply not done




Brekke had a visitor today, Mr Bojangles. He's about 4 years old, a recently adopted rescue pit bull mix, half her size. He's due to begin heartworm treatment next week, and has just been neutered. Today was their first meeting. It went well, mostly; she is very socialized and enjoys company. They spent their time running around the yard and doing various dog things.

However, the "mostly" did have one hitch. I've been warned that Brekke does NOT put up with any male... shenanigans.. and will react very aggressively if one tries to show dominance. Mr B did try to prove that he was a male, but her very fierce snarling put an end to that game right away. I was actually quite impressed; she's such a sweet dog but do NOT play that with her. She's been known to put males on the ground at the dog park if they won't back off.


Here's hoping we all have a quiet and peaceful evening.

15 comments:

  1. Glad Sylvina got back in safely. Hope you had a nice 4th! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so glad that you got Sylvina back in the house without incident!

    We're with you, Brekke. No means no, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, at least Ms. Sylvina didn’t go far. And there’s no messing with Brekke!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad it was easy to get Vina back inside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that Sylvina hadn't wandered from the garden and was cooperative about going back in.
    Good for you Brekke. Some males don't understand no but you put him in his place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank heavens Sylvina was such a smart as well as good girl. WHEW! That would be a nightmare for me.

    And Brekke! GOOD for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 4th to you too. I hope it was a quiet one. Thankfully not to much noise here; however, it never bothered the Diva.
    Brekke you were first good for you not allowing any nonsense.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m glad Sylvina got back inside with no problem!
    Good for Brekke standing firm. She is a sweet and strong girl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing Mr. Bojangles a speedy recovery from heartworm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's going to be tough keeping him confined for several weeks, he's quite energetic.

      Delete
  10. Sylvina; de out oh doorz iz grate; when ther izza BURD FREE SKY & NOE BURD SONG TA BEE HURD......inn deed, inn side iz best ;) 3♥☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  11. That WAS a busy day! We are glad Miss (Princess) Sylvina came back inside without a fuss. An "Ooh those nasty heartworms"!

    I (Ayla) am also a Princess an sometimes go out alone. Made me worry about going out by myself though. But our yard has a castle wall and (usually) I have Sir Marley or the Wizard TBT as attendants, so I guess that is proper.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well it's a good thing Princess Sylvina didn't go wandering too far. Dad's always scared to death I'll sneak out and disappear. He'd be lost without me, so I wouldn't do that to him.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes! A princess must stay inside so her minions can protect her!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brekke sounds like my kind of girl! A princess must survey her palace grounds though ... hopefully Sylvina will take your advice for her next inspection.

    ReplyDelete