Thursday, April 8, 2021

Oh Vina. Dear Vina...

 This week's feline escapade brought to you by....


Miss Vina decided some time ago that she no longer cared to share one of the two water dishes with her doggo sister, and demanded separate accomodation. Her mom obliged with her own cup of water in her office.

All went swimmingly until two days ago. When she of the magnificent tailio knocked over the water cup..... splashing all over her mom's Mac laptop. The one she uses not only for rec purposes but also for her PhD studies, and for her teaching job.

This sent the laptop to Davy Jones' locker, permanently. Another EXTREMELY expensive Mac laptop was procured, but a week's worth of work was unfortunately lost.

At last report, Vina remained unrepentant, as only a feline can.


Happy Friday, and may your kittehs be less expensive in their naughtiness!

15 comments:

  1. That's a BIG bummer! My human never has glasses or cups on her desk. Only bottles with caps, and cans (and she is very careful with the cans).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! You must give that tailio a good scolding, Vina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, good lord! I'd never hear the end of it if I ever did such a thing. My goodness, your mom must've been furious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, no! That's a lesson to back up your work and also not leave any liquids near a computer. I learned that the hard way myself, only with red wine. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear ! Our HuMom is very careful and mostly has salty snacks near her keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh oh. Somebody's in the d*g house now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH wow. I can't think of a lot worse than that. Never any liquids on the desk is a rule that I hope will be unbreakable. Too late now I know for preachments...but oh that was hard to have happen. Is she absolutely sure nothing can be done even if it is to retrieve the HD by The Geek Squad or another good computer helper. There could be something to be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has an appt with her school's tech dept to see if they can get some info off of it. The laptop itself was pretty old anyway. But naturally, these things never come at a good time.

      Delete
    2. What an awful thing. It is well past the time now but I hope the schools IT could help her.

      Delete
  8. Oh no! Poor Vina's mom! And all because she was trying to help Miss Vina out with that water. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh no! I suspect Amarula would be unrepentant too! (ps i use a cloud service to store all my computer stuff in the cloud as well as in my computer to ensure i never lose work if there is a cat incident~ i use IDrive)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vina... LOL at Mark's comment.
    I expect said MAC was left in a most inappropriate location.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bear would add ... "And I would do it again ... TWICE!"

    ReplyDelete