Friday, October 2, 2015

Toby's Blog Report On "My Day at the Stabby Place"


I didn't like it one little bitty bit. It was noisy, and smelly, and the hoomins there DID STUFF to me. And then they did more stuff to me when I was asleep. I don't really remember that part but that is especially unfair. And I do know that when I woke up, I didn't feel so good. At all.

I did let that mean vet lady know exactly how I felt by HISSING at her. She was very a-skeered, let me tell you. But I came home last night and Mom took good care of me. Leia didn't quite know who I was but I just ignored her. Around 6 am this morning I was pretty much back to normal, and let Mom know it was time to get up and feed the kittehs.

PS: I could swear somebody had a pawty here while I was gone! I found a meowgarita glass under the sofa...  some shredded bits of toilet paper... No... Tiny Tabby Girl wouldn't have fun without me! Would she??!

Mom's PS:
This visit took a lot out of him, but he came home safely. The bloodwork showed high glucose levels. He may be diabetic; we re-test in a month. It's possible that the Depo shot on Monday, plus his stress level (the night before surgery we had delivery people in here), made it shoot up. If not, we will be doing twice daily insulin shots. I'm told this really isn't as scary as it sounds.

Thank you to everyone for your purrayers and well wishes for our Great Orange One.

14 comments:

  1. We are glad you are doing okay, Toby! Sorry you had to go get some teefies removed and blood work done, but you will feel better when it's all said and done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Toby, you poor guy. I bet you're glad that's finally over!

    P.S. I hope your next test is better. Shots are no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toby, nice job of hissing at the vet! You showed her! Hope your mouf feels better too, and we'll worry 'bout that glucose thing in a month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're glad Toby is done and home again, back to normal. Paws crossed the high glucose reading was just that, the stress coupled with the shot. Lots of purrs and purrayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're home! Good for you, hissing at the v-e-t. I growl at mine sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Toby, I'm so glad you are home and back to your normal self now! We had so much fun at parwty...I mean, we gathered and purred for you while you were at the v-e-t.
    I hope high glucose was only a result of shot or stress...and next test will come back with good reading. Please have a good rest and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you are recovering well Toby and hope you are soon feeling great again. I hope your glucose level is back where it should be when it gets tested again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Toby you handsome manly mancat. Of course she was scared! You were mighty and fearsome. Like a pirate. I am so glad it's over handsome boy. Xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope it was just stress that sent up Toby's glucose levels. Sending purrs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The VET is nevver a good place. But you came back, and thats the impawtant thing...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Toby that sounds pretty rough, but we are glad you are ok! Sending lots of purrs xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey bravo Toby!! I'm glad the ordeal is over and I hope and purr all the flooding predicted for F'ville did not occur.
    My human sissy's 2nd kitty Harley had to take insulin twice a day..not biggy for him.
    My sis would do it quickly while he was eating his kibble every morning and evening.
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  13. Toby, we are glad you are home now. Mom, IF Toby turns out to be diabetic, there are lots of us in the CB who have had to deal with it. It is not as bad as it sounds, and ou are not alone. Hugs, purrs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Toby-we are glad you are home from "that place"
    We know your Mom is taking super good care of you.
    Purrs,
    the kitty brats
    PS-Emily sends you a head bop and us boys give you purrs

    ReplyDelete