Ah, what a peaceful, serene start to the morning! My furry roommates gently
making their presence known after I awoke from undisturbed -
Ha. Nope, not how it was at all!!
1. Oliver hopping all over my room furniture trying to get my attention to wake me up to FEED HIM.
2. I get out of bed and see it's 7 am, so I try to get Tombo out the door for a walk. His human wasn't here last night so I know he has to go. Does he want to go outside? OF COURSE NOT! I practically drag him out the door, to the accompaniment of wailing cats also trying to crowd around the door while I attempt to get the dog out of it. Don't ask me why they crowd the front door when they are hungry, I have no idea.
3. Return to my room to see Miss Raji taking up residence on the chair, like the polite young lady she is. (not sarcasm.)
I get on my knees and we have a short conversation, during which she meeps and because my head is so close to hers, I realize she sounds congested. ::cue worry. for this cat that is not my cat::
4. Ready to leave for my own breakfast when Tombo decides he MUST go outside RIGHT NOW. I struggle to get the leash on the prancing pup while three cats wail like banshees because they have the hungrumblies, and are also crowding the front door.
5. Sarah, the three legged cat, zooms out the front door! MOUSES! MOUSES ON STEROIDS! I drop the leash that is still attached to the dog that really wants to go out NOW, and rush outside. Thankfully she's just sitting on the porch so I'm able to scoop her up and bring her back in.
6. Go to the bathroom to brush my teeth and realize Ollie is standing on his hind legs licking the sticky tape that keeps my Gazelle Glider parts together. AND it looks like he's chewed through part of it, and may have ingested some. I then have to remove the tape he can reach.
Now ask me if I'd trade any of this for a sterile residence free of anything furry.