Friday, May 1, 2020

Yep, It's Kitten Season


My workplace is bordered by woods, as is most of Tallahassee. Yesterday afternoon some of my co workers went for a walk on their break and came back with.... a tiny black bit of fluff. Maybe two weeks? Old enough for the eyes to be open, anyway.

There was much cooing and squeeing, of course. He already has at least a foster home, if not permanent. After work the adoptive mom went off to Petsmart for milk and other needs. I helped as I could; I sent them a link for the KMR and also one for bottle baby instructions, from the Kitten Lady. I also donated my desk sweater for the baby nesting box. 

The ladies went back out to the parking lot to look for more kittens, but found none. I'm guessing this little guy just got so hungry he went looking for mom or food on his own. Thankfully he was scooped up by kind humans. Now, Jetta has a good shot at a long, healthy life.

In these uncertain and anxious times, I found comfort and reassurance in knowing that this tiny life was spared. May he be blessed with a long, happy one.

Happy Finally Friday.

** Update: Jetta was passed on to another co-worker who is working from home. The lady has six cats of her own and is very knowledgeable. Jetta is doing as well as can be.

12 comments:

  1. OH this just went straight to my heart. Blessings on the person who found him and I am so grateful everyone came together to look for siblings and you for helping with how to feed the baby. It's going to be quite a job for the new mom. .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purring for Jetta; wee ones like this are so very fragile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our hearts break when we hear stories like these, but they smile when we hear that people try to save the kittens. Purrs and prayers for Jetta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending good thoughts for Jetta to grow well and have a happy future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww this post made me very happy! You and your coworkers are all so wonderful to help little Jetta. I wish him a very long and happy life ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are very happy to learn that Jetta has a forever home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad Jetta is in the care of experienced hands!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and all y'all's co-workers are just the best. I'm so glad to hear Jetta's being taken such good care of. Dad's dear old Orbit had a similar beginning at the start of his 22 years. Dad and some co-workers split up a litter of 5 or so who were dumped in a hot parking lot behind a building where dad worked at that time, and they were lifelong buddies. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the greatest news! Thank you for the update. XX Gad I came over again and had a chance to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jetta is one of the lucky ones...it is for sure kitten season...
    I hope and purr all the siblings find homes.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful that your co-workers found little Jetta, and he is doing so well. Safe and loved.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to hear Jetta got your kind heart co-worker to look after him.Purrs Purrs Purrs

    Thanks so much to prayers and purrs for me
    Lots of love
    xox

    Puddy Boy

    ReplyDelete