Saturday, October 21, 2017

Happy Caturday


Furriends, we all know that squirrels are EBIL - they taunt us, say rude things. 
If only that glass wasn't there.... BUT so much of other outside life is quite rude too. Like grasshoppers, and little lizardy things. Both of which mocked ME this morning. Can you believe it??

So I'm keeping watch right here for the next cheeky critter to show up. 


Mom's Note About the Roof:

We rent, so I didn't know that the roof was being replaced until they knocked on the door last Monday morning. Turns out I would have gotten notice from the property manager, except the roofers decided to show up on Monday instead of Wednesday as planned.

Did I mention that Monday had an 80% rain chance? Tuesday-Thursday was to be clear.

This matters because... I get home on Monday at 6 pm and water has poured down through my bedroom ceiling fan, to soak the corner of my bed. The ceiling fan light globe had rainwater collected in it. Why? Because the satellite dish on the roof - the same one the roofers asked me about, and I let them know it was from a previous tenant, so feel free to remove it entirely - was left on the roof and "worked around".

So the water merrily funneled down through its nifty roof hole. And onto my bed. I was so upset I didn't even eat dinner that night.

I stayed home on Tuesday to be with the cats. I had no idea WHAT those idiots were going to do next. And it was pretty awful, so very loud. Leia did ok, Toby was only seen once to use the litterbox, and I had to coax him into doing that. 

Never, ever, ever assume the workmen are going to use their brains and common sense.
Also, you get what you pay for - choose the cheapest, you get that too.

14 comments:

  1. Ugh! What a bummer about the roof workers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh NO.....no this is just so horrible and dangerous to have water in your light fixture. Good grief. I don't know what it is with construction workers but for sure they have a time zone/schedule that is not known to any other person in the world.
    When we were having renos done especially inside we struggled with them and once even with a HUGE SIGN ON THE OFFICE DOOR
    DO NOT ENTER CAT IN HERE DO NOT ENTER THEY OPENED THE DOOR. THANKFULLY I WAS IN HERE WITH MADI BUT SHE FREAKED OUT AND THE FRONT DOOR WAS BEING PAINTED IT WAS WIDE OPEN I NEARLY HAD TO FALL ON THE FLOOR TO KEEP HER FROM GETTING OUT OF THE ROOM. AND TRUST ME I DIDNOT USE MY INSIDE VOICE WHEN SPEAKING TO THE WORKERS. I'M SO VERY SORRY
    HUGS CECILIA

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awful. I'm so sorry. We've rented our whole lives until three years ago. We've had quite a few bad experiences with workers, but this is really bad. I can't believe they showed up, unscheduled, on the one day it's supposed to rain and let the water leak.

    Toby, there sure are a lot of sassy critters there. You're wise to keep watch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no that's definitely not good!
    We hope it all gets resolved...

    Noodle and crew

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so unacceptable! We're sorry you had to go through that. Idiot workers!! And yes, Toby...all squirrels are EBIL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, that’s horrible! I’d be outraged and send a very angry letter to their boss. I’m so sorry you had to go through this. Glad Leia did OK but poor Toby.... I hope he is feeling better now. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awful. I hope they had to pay to fix the damages and that a real electrician checks that ceiling fan so you don't have a fire. Brody said to tell Leia, he would have protected her from the roofers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a mess. You wonder where such dimwitted workers come from, don't you? We really hope the landlord does right by you in getting the electrical and ceiling checked and repaired.

    We bet both Toby and Leia got extra treats, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY COD! You all REALLY went through it. Terribly. I am so sorry! Did the landlord pay for your trouble with your bedding and the light?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's terrible! We would be livid if that happened. Are they going to pay for the repairs, and o replace what was damaged? We're so sorry this happened, dear friends. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, "Crazy People"... I would have called the landlord and then the police to stop them. Schedules and weather matter on such things. ~ TBT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I am so sorry that those roofers did that to you guys! Water in the lamp...horrors! I would have been a basketcase, no doubt. Better to hide under the bed (UTB)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so agree with you! I hope you tell your landlord and he reprimands the idiots! I am lucky I work from home so I can be here when work gets done and make sure my babies are safe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so with you! Having lived in multiple rentals in multiple cities, I KNOW you get what you pay for. Don't let me get started on leaky roofs!
    I send you strength
    Love Barb

    ReplyDelete