Monday, November 5, 2018

It's a Monday


Hello, furriends.

We did have a rough weekend. Here you see Leia cuddling with me, and you can see how NOT happy I am about it. But mom asked me to be gracious, since our girl was feeling so badly. 
So I put up with it for awhile.

See what a nice mancat I am? I think I deserve a statue or something, don't you?


Mom's note:

I finally got Leia to eat a decent amount Sunday, for her condition. It wasn't easy; I pulled out every trick I've used, plus the ones I've read about. Fried chicken bits and Gerber's Turkey baby food helped a lot. And tonight, more fried chicken, and then finally - finally! - she ate some of her proper Fancy Feast, seafood version. 


Joyful, joyful, is the sight of a sick cat finally eating!!

We came closer than we ever have to being in the red zone for that liver disease. I still don't know what caused this; I'm hoping for a simple case of a GI upset. We need bloodwork to determine if it's something else, and right now we just don't have that money to spend but by midmonth I should be able to get that done.

Vet care, especially the 4:30 am variety, can be astronomical. And then you have the sighs and quiet disapproval of the vet staff when you just don't have the resources at a moment's notice. 

This episode has made me realize just how much Leia is the heart of this household. Both Toby and I are pretty low-key people. Leia is our spark; even when she refused food she wanted her wand toy. 

As of Monday morning, we appear to be back on our regular routine. 
Leia asked for food about 9 pm last night, her normal FF; I am so happy about it.

14 comments:

  1. Toby, you are such a good kitty to let leia cuddle with you. I'm so glad she began to eat her regular food. I hope she keeps eating well, and bloodwork later will show good result. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you got her eating! She is a spark and I so hope things go well with her and you are able to see the dentist soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry that I missed your posts about Leia this weekend, and I rejoice that she is eating! Whatever you do, you do it with love for her and Toby, so anyone who is looking down their nose can just go pound sand! How insensitive of them, but ignore them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Gosh do I hear you about the ER vet. My word above, they charge 2 1/2 times a much as the same thing at my vet on a week day or Saturday morning. I hope and pray you never have this happen again. There were times close to a weekend when I was iffy on Madi and would decide to call her vet. Even paying her vet for a non issue visit was better than an ER visit where they didn't know her and even though our Vet Hospital was a branch of that practice and they had her records they still wanted to run recent tests again. Crazy plain crazy. Loads of hugs.
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad Leia is eating again and has got over what was causing her to be unwell. I hope her blood work will be good too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad Leia is improving! Purrs to her... and to you and Toby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How scary for you. We purr that Leia keeps getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad sweet Leia is feeling better. XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. We’re so glad to see Leia eating. We purr that she continues to eat. (Another tip to get a cat to eat is to use Flortiflora which is a probiotic, though not the best one. However, one of the good side effects of it is that many cats find it irresistible so if you sprinkle it on food, it can get a cat to eat more. Your vet may carry it, or you can find it at pet stores like PetSmart or Chewy on line.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I know that relief of seeing the sick kitty eat! I'm so glad she's eating. Ugh, I'm sorry about the expense. Yes, the ER vet is soooo expensive. I'm sorry about having to have her further tested, but I do hope all shows well. Toby is a sweetie to allow her to cuddle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. dood...itz nice oh ewe ta look out a bit for yur sisturr... 984 pawz up buddy....N leia....sum timez B 12 helpz jump start an app a tite....N even if ya HAD.. ore hafta eat....BURD......go for it ..... long az yur eatin yur foodz ~~~~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Toby, you win the nurse of the year award! We hope Leia's back to her wonderful self soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are so glad that Leia is eating again. That must have been so scary. We hope the testing will show that she will be a-okay. xo

    ReplyDelete