Saturday, April 6, 2019

Caturday


My girl would want you to know that she, too, had a bed-centered ritual. Whenever she wanted to come visit me, she would go to the right side of the bed, stretch up and scratch her claws on the side of the mattress. Every. Single. Time. Then she'd jump. Of course, she weighed nothing so it was often hard to know she had jumped up. Even still, her scratching was barely noticeable. 


Unlike Toby, who had the weight of a small pony, and there was never any mistaking when he got on the bed. Or even walking on the floor, I could always hear the click click of his nails.


In other news....

I was so very sorry to hear of the loss of Miss Newton from Colehaus Cats.
So many of my blogging furriends have passed or are passing on.
Right now the losses are hitting me very hard.

A conclusion...
I'm very glad to have an end to the work squirrel story. The company came back the next day
and finally discovered the sad remains in the AC duct return.

Now go out and enjoy this spring weekend!!!

16 comments:

  1. We love these sweet memories of your beloved angels, Leia and Toby. Thank you for sharing them.

    We're so sad about Miss Newton's passing, but glad the squirrel situation is solved. Poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you in financial crisis, looking for money to start your own business or to pay your bills?, Global Loan Access is given all types of loans at low interest rate of 2% I got mine from them you can Apply now via email at: ( globalloanaccess@gmail.com )

      Delete
  2. Lovely memories of the way Toby and Leia joined you on the bed
    I am glad the squirrel's remains were found and now the air must smell much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I know you miss these two. Purrs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angels Leia and Toby...I know your mom loves remembering all your special habits as much as I love remember Angel Madi. I do so agree about all our friends passing...in my mind's eye I picture everyone finally meeting each other with their furry wings and no one in pain or sickly.

    I cannot even imagine the smell of a decay squirrel outside much less in the ac duct work. OH my you will need massive doses of Plug-ins
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet memories of your angels. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMC, squirrel in the ductwork! We can't even imagine how fun that smelled!

    Sweet story of your two kids' bedroom habits. They were a pair of dolls for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you’re able to share sweet memories of Toby and Leia with us. I have not been able to do so with Wally. The pain is still too raw for me. Maybe soon... ~Island Cat Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. What sweet memories with Leia and Toby. And I always love seeing adorable photos.

    I’m so sorry to hear about Miss Newton..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing those sweet memories with us. Leia and Toby now have angels' beds to climb up on. (There are angels at the Bridge, or so I've heard) xxxTom

    ReplyDelete
  10. After Chuck passed, I could still feel him jump onto the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I felt Robin and Admiral both get on the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Since I put a box as a step next to the bed for Bear, I don't feel it nearly as much when he jumps up (my bed is kinda high off the ground). He never stopped jumping, but watching him jump the bed made me cringe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toby had a stepstool for years, due to his arthritis. I was so proud of him when he learned to use it and realized how much easier it was. He never went back to a floor jump after that.

      Delete
  13. Are you in financial crisis, looking for money to start your own business or to pay your bills?, Global Loan Access is given all types of loans at low interest rate of 2% I got mine from them you can Apply now via email at: ( globalloanaccess@gmail.com )

    ReplyDelete