Thursday, May 7, 2015

SCORE!!!


Furriends, last night was a sad night but it was also a happy night. I SCORED big time! And showed my nonattentive Mom a thing or two.

She was late coming home (strike 1) because she went to eat at someplace called Cracker Barrel. She brought home a dessert of apple pie with vanilla ice cream to eat here. Which she did, not sharing with us, by the way (strike 2). Then Lazy Bones leaves the plate on the table and goes over to the computer to work on her lessons, thereby continuing to not pay attention to the kittehs (strike 3).

I used all my considerable stealth to put my front paws on the table and helped myself to the leftovers (HOME RUN FOR ME!) Unfortunately I made a bit too much noise - Mom says it was my slurping that gave it away but that's a lie, I don't slurp. She rushes over to stop me, sadly, but hey, it was fun while it lasted. MOUSES!

Mom: It was my fault. I was lazy. I'm just grateful Toby got into something so benign. Though I rarely leave food where they can get to it. They usually don't care what I'm eating but I don't want to take the chance.

And I don't care what the studies say, cats CAN taste sweets. They know the difference. The Cat Who Came Before, Mina, had a huge sweet tooth.

18 comments:

  1. The humans here leave NOTHING out because they know either Binga or I will be finishing it off as soon as they are out of eyesight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Toby! That'll teach the momma to be distracted...

    ReplyDelete
  3. MOL. That was awesome. Well done, Toby!

    Sounds like our humans have something in common with you and Mommy - That apple pie and vanilla ice cream from Cracker Barrel is DELICIOUS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. MOL MOL MOL TOBY WTG good buddy! My peeps love Cracker Barrel...now if they want to bring something home from there I hope it is cornbread!!
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toby, I would have been all over that, too! I think that was an excellent move on your part.

    Pee Ess. Your comment about Caroline made all of us laugh a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you got yourself a treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you got some of the ice cream. That's my favorite! ~Wally

    ReplyDelete
  8. What, your treat got rudely taken away?! Demerits for your mom, Toby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! What a pawsome score for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is an excellent score indeed! We love stealing the mom and dad's food. It's definitely one of our favorite pass times.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got food off of the table? That's pawsome. My kitties think that food stolen from the table taste better than any foods anywhere. You are a lucky kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. if I get anything questionable my boy freaks and gives me a bath your lucky she didn't give you one too. Have a great mother's day

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way to go, Toby. A little apple and ice cream never hurt a kitty. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete