Sunday, October 30, 2016

Mancat Monday / Halloween, As Scary As It Gets



Toby: My furriends... something happened today... I can't even..... (flees the room, meowing incoherently).

Leia, watching him go:

Well, I guess it's up to me to share the news Mom told us today. Not that I blame Toby for his reaction, but one of us has to communicate with the wider world.

She told us today... well.... we are M O V I N G. Not just moving, you see, but M O V I N G. To some distant land called Tallahassee, Florida. We tried to explain that we are North Carolina kittehs, but it made no difference. She says she has to go, therefore we too have to go.

In December, we will be going for a very long car ride. I'm not sure but I think it will take, like, elebenty hundred hours to get there.

Hmm.... Toby, I think I will join you in your hiding place for awhile!


18 comments:

  1. Oh, Toby and Leia, I understand how this can seem frightening. But remember--Mom will be with you every step of the way. Think of it as an adventure that you can tell us all about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! This is a very long drive and move. We know your Mom will do everything she can to make sure you are safe and comy!
    Purrs,
    the kitty brats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's gonna be one long car ride. But we know you guys will do well...and you'll love your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woaw .. that's a tough one ! I hope you have a smooth move.
    Purrs =^x^=

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is big news! I hope the new place is awesome and that you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That will be a long car ride! I hope everything goes smoothly for your move.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toby and Leia, I know you'll like Florida, and the drive will be an easy snoozefest! Don't worry! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WE remember that your mom talked about the move and waiting until it was much cooler for the car ride. We hope and purr the move goes smoothly and you two adjust easily. You know as long as you 3 have each other you can DO ANYTHING
    Hugs Madi your bfff
    PS will you still blog?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is seriously a long drive! I hope the whole moving will go smoothly. And I'm sure you will love Tallahassee :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not that we recommend it, but the last time we moved and William DID. NOT. WANT. TO., he smacked Mom in the arm and left an honest-to-cod bruise!! And that was only a three-mile trip! We're sure though it will be much much better for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Moving is very hard, Toby and Leia. We are sorry, but we bet it will be okay. Hugs to you both, and Mom, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is scary, but as long as you are with your Mom, you will be happy. XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Nose!! Stock up on some Feliway and Rescue Remedy! and nip, lots and lots of nip..

    But truthfully, it will be okay, where ever the mom is is home

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness. Elebenty hundred and then some more???? Oh my my my. Can you fire up your tunnel and come here till she's settled?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I bet you will love it in Florida! Lots more sunbeams to lay in!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That sounds scary indeed! Do you have your passports?!?
    Yours sincerely,
    Margaret Thatcher

    ReplyDelete