Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Goodbye, Penny

I'm sorry to share that Penny didn't survive her surgery today. 
The mass was bigger than the vets thought, and she was unable to be resuscitated.

She was about a year and a half old; when she was around eight weeks I got to spend a couple of hours with her. She played at the park - putting everything in her mouth that she could! - and I held her on the car ride home afterwards. She slept, so warm and sweet and peaceful. 

It never crossed my mind that this precious life I was holding
wouldn't survive long into her barely-adulthood.

To all things there is a purpose, and a season; and one of the hardest things in life is accepting that.



To the vets responsible for her today, I have one question for you:

Will you sleep well tonight? 

17 comments:

  1. Oh, we are so sorry to hear this. Our hearts go out to her mom, and you, too. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so sorry. Sending comforting purrs to Penny’s mom...and you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sad. My condolences to her family and you. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, no. We are so sorry to read this news. Sending purrs, prayers and love to Penny's mom, her family and you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so tragic. I'm sending purrs to Penny's human. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sad, she was far too young. I send my condolences to her family and all of you who loved her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how terrible! Sending love and condolences to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no...I'm so sorry to read this.. Sweet Penny, she was so young. Sending purrs to you, your niece, and all her family. Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Godspeed your journey to heaven Penny; we are truly sorry and send lots of hugs to your family ~~~~~~

    with ♥♥♥♥♥ from dai$y, tuna, dude, sauce and boomer ~~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  10. We just read your previous post to understand what happened, and we are so sorry to hear that Penny didn't make it. That's so sad. We send you and your niece comforting purrs and gentle headbonks. Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear sweet Penny...bless your sweet little golden heart. We are so very sorry for your mommy...We and many purrs and hugs
    Madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so very sorry about Penny and I send love, comforting thoughts and purrayers to her mom and to you as well. I thought I had read everything here each time but I missed about Penny. I will go back and find her story. Please accept my condolences on her mommy's behalf. XX

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did see it and responded. I may have a blog on my Mom blog site before long about the costs. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's something we can all relate to. Vets have the right to a profit but.... !!

      Delete
  14. We are so sorry to hear about Penny. Our hearts go out to you and her mom - and all who love her.
    Cam, Mags, and our mom

    ReplyDelete
  15. so so sorry to hear the news--just devastating!

    ReplyDelete